Going into the courtroom can be intimidating. However with a little preparation, it doesn’t have to be. Following these simple do’s and don’ts can help put your best foot forward and show your respect for the Judge and the law. It will help your case. Here are some tips for appearing in court with your lawyer at any court proceeding.
- Be on time.
- Dress in business casual attire (ex. slacks / button up shirt).
- Speak clearly.
- Address the Judge as “Your Honor”.
- Turn off your cell phone.
- Take off any hat before entering the courtroom.
- Be late.
- Wear clothing with words or pictures regarding alcohol / drugs / sex / illegal references.
- Wear a hat – remove your hat before entering the courtroom.
- Argue with the Judge or raise your voice.
- Chew gum.
- Let your cell phone ring.
Call Lynnwood attorney Paul Hanson for more information at (425) 778-7339.