I’ve wanted to be a lawyer since I was 15 while in High School in California. In college at Notre Dame, I was a Government major. I then served as a Navy Officer for four years, stationed on a warship in San Diego, CA. I then got married and attended the U of San Diego School of Law where I graduated in 1982.
My family and I then moved to Seattle where I passed the Washington State Bar Exam in 1983. I began my legal career as the Lynnwood City Prosecutor, serving for four years. I raised two children in Lynnwood and bought my first house there. I started my private law practice in 1987 next to the Alderwood Mall in Lynnwood. I have been a criminal defense and personal injury lawyer for the last 34 years. I also served in the Navy Reserves for 26 years and retired as a Navy Captain.
Today I enjoy visiting my grandson, foreign travel, fishing, hiking and foreign films. I look forward each year to volunteering at the local court for its annual Law Day event for all the 5th graders in the area. I host a mock criminal trial where students get to play each court position (i.e. Judge, Prosecutor, etc).
I am an attorney who cares. About my clients, my community, and my country.
- Practicing law for over 38 years
- Started own law firm in January, 1987
- "AV-Preeminent" rating recipient, the highest lawyer rating given by the Martindale-Hubbell national lawyer rating service
- "10-Superb" rating recipient, the highest lawyer rating given by the Avvo.com national lawyer rating service
- Former Lynnwood City Prosecutor (1983-1987)
- Graduated University of San Diego School of Law - JD law degree
- Graduated University of Notre Dame - BA degree
- Retired US Navy Officer
- Volunteer attorney for the Snohomish County Legal Services (free legal services for the poor) (1983-present)
- Volunteer attorney for Snohomish County District Court (South Division) Annual Law Day & Teen Court programs (1987-present)
- 2010 & 1995 Snohomish County Bar Association's Volunteer Attorney of the Year Award recipient